Home working best practice for Demographix users
LONDON UK: Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and the renewed Lockdown in the UK, many of our users cannot travel into their offices. But don't panic! We have put together advice and tips on using Demographix services while working from home offices.
Stay safe, stay calm, and carry on!
1. What device to use? The full functionality of Demographix is only available on form factors with wide enough screens. You cannot edit surveys or analyse data on a mobile smartphone or iPad/tablet (the options will simply not appear) but you can check a survey's stats, change status, etc. To edit surveys or analyse data you will need a desktop or laptop, and if it is small screen, try linking it to a larger monitor.
2. Any tips on using a laptop with a small width screen? For a start, full screen your browser so it has the maximum amount of area. When you have logged in, you can use the browser zoom controls to make survey lists appear in smaller type and therefore more legible, navigable and manageable. These zoom controls are generally available on a browser window's Settings menu.
3. Any advice on password reset links? If your office is shut and you’re asked to work from home you will need to make sure you know your password, or have access to your work emails in order to use our password reset request links. Password request links can only be sent to the email address associated with the login. Passwords are fully encrypted and unavailable to us to pass on.
4. Can I use the Helpdesk as normal? If you are working from home and plan to use the Helpdesk for support, make sure the contact details for your login are up-to-date. You may even need to consider temporarily changing a landline contact phone number for your mobile number, or even change the email address temporarily. To change your contact details go to My Account at top-right and click on My Details.
5. Any thoughts on admin and house-keeping? Yes! Use any spare time opportunity do a bit of house-keeping. If you're a Colleague, check your old surveys and if there are any you no longer wish to keep, Flag them for Deletion. If you are a senior admin for the account, you may want to check out if there are old surveys whose data you no longer need. Our newly launched Survey Management tool is a drag-and-drop interface that makes survey management a lot easier! Now's the time to check it out!
About Demographix: Demographix is the leading UK developer of online research tools, specialising in the publishing, broadcast, health, public, academic and hospitality sectors. The company develops technology compatible with a wide range of browsers and form factors, including tablets and smartphones. Demographix is the registered trademark of Demographix Limited. Demographix is a company partner of the Market Research Society. Company registered in England and Wales No. 4358487. Registered with the ICO No. Z1244335.