Advice on home-working using Demographix
LONDON UK: Due to the current unprecedented health crisis surrounding the Coronavius emergency, we have put together advice and tips on using Demographix services while working from home offices.
If you are working from home and plan to use the Helpdesk for support, make sure the contact details for your login are up-to-date. You may even need to consider temporarily changing a landline contact phone number for your mobile number. This can be changed back later when you return to the office.
Here are some hints and tips that have helped users in this situation:
1. What device to use? The Demographix survey editing and data analysis service is only available on form factors that are wide enough to allow a fully functional toolset. You cannot edit surveys or analyse data on a mobile smartphone or iPad/tablet (the options will simply not appear on the menus). However, you can change a survey's status, such as close it to responses, and check out the stats. To edit surveys or analyse data you will need a laptop, and if it is small screen, possibly a lapotop you can link to a larger monitor.
2. Any tips on using a laptop with a small width screen? Yes, there are a few things you can do to make working easier. For a start, full screen your browser so it has the maximum amount of area. When you have logged in, you can use the browser Zoom controls to make survey lists appear in smaller type and therefore more legible, navigable and manageable. These zoom controls are generally available on a browser window's Settings menu.
3. Any advice on password reset links? If your office is shut and you’re asked to work from home you will need to make sure you know your password, or have access to your work emails in order to use our password reset request links. Password request links can only be sent to the email address associated with the login, and we cannot assist if you do not have access to emails outside of your office. Passwords are fully encrypted and unavailable to us to pass on.
4. Should I consider any security issues? Please remember that Demographix’s Terms and Conditions state clearly that you should not share your login (especially your password) with others, for obvious data security reasons. If you have a colleague who needs access to surveys, create a separate Colleague login and then use the Permissions tools to give them access to the tools/data they require.
5. Any thoughts on admin and house-keeping? Our biggest tip of all is to use this enforced "slowdown" in your usual work patterns to do a bit of house-keeping. If you're a Colleague, check your old surveys and if there are any you no longer wish to keep, Flag them for Deletion. If you are a senior admin for the account, you may want to check out if there are old surveys whose data you no longer need, or do a security audit on unused logins (especially people who may have left). You can check GDPR compliance and delete data labelled as PID (Personal Information Data), which is no longer needed. You may want to delete or categorise surveys for future ease-of-management. Our newly launched Survey Management tool is a drag-and-drop interface that makes survey management and deletion a lot easier! Now's the time to check it out!
About Demographix: Demographix is the leading UK developer of online research tools, specialising in the publishing, broadcast, health, public, academic and hospitality sectors. The company develops technology compatible with a wide range of browsers and form factors, including tablets and smartphones. Demographix is the registered trademark of Demographix Limited. Demographix is a company partner of the Market Research Society. Company registered in England and Wales No. 4358487. Registered with the ICO No. Z1244335.