Demographix celebrates 15 years of service to research industry
LONDON UK: "Putting our customers first" has been the mantra that has seen Demographix, the UK's leading provider of online research tools, go from strength to strength since 2002. This month the company celebrates its 15th Anniversary with details of even more usability improvements over the coming year.
"We have never stood still and rested on our laurels, we've always been moving forward, developing our toolset and maintaining our technology edge over others," said CEO Derek Cohen. "On top of that our pricing has remained extremely competitive, increasing the value customers get year-on-year".
Major mileposts for Demographix since 2002
- 2002 – First UK company to launch an online survey service with unlimited responses: We were the first UK company to introduce an online survey building service without charging by completes. "Get as much data as you can!" is our byline.
- 2003 – Subscription service offers reduced costs: We introduce an annual online subscription service, allowing multiple users and unlimited responses for an all-in fee. Receives a great response from Insight managers and Finance directors looking for a single budgeted cost with no hidden charges.
- 2004 – Our industry-leading Helpdesk is launched to great acclaim: We launch our top-rated Helpdesk, the most responsive in the business (customers often cite our speed of response as a major reason for sticking with us). We offer global 24/7 email support and phone support during UK business hours.
- 2005 – Embedded multimedia introduced: We take a technology lead by introducing embedded audio clips and videos within surveys, responding to customer requests. Our multimedia is compatible with all major systems and browsers - creating relevant versions behind the scenes. A major technological achievement.
- 2006 – The Festive Fun Quiz is launched: Now in its 11th year, the Festive Fun Quiz begins a tradition that is eagerly looked forward to, year upon year, by users and friends in the industry. Over 100 winners have been made through these annual prize draws.
- 2009 – Panelwise allows affordable easy-to-use panel management: Our initial panel management system allows users to easily create a panel of followers for regular polling, tracking longitudinal changes to attitudes and behaviours.
- 2011 – Version 7 is a radical refreshment of the user interface: Demographix V7 includes major enhancements in the reporting and data analysis toolsets. Statistics, the new name for our Response Rate toolset, has a new tabbed interface giving easier access to the full range of metadata.
- 2012 – Responsive surveys introduced: All our surveys are upgraded to fully respond to the browser/form factor on which the survey is being viewed. A matrix question, which looks great on a desktop computer screen, automatically reformats to individual questions on mobiles and smartphones.
- 2013 – Development roll-out includes Card sort, Sliders, Image maps and Date pickers: Over the next two years we greatly enhance our question types, allowing for more interactive and visual surveys, increasing response rates.
- 2014 – Online training courses and managed services unveiled: Demographix introduces FREE monthly online courses for all new user log-ins, plus a full programme of advanced courses available to annual subscribers. For those who don’t have the in-house capacity, we also launch a managed services initiative.
- 2015 – Self-service custom-coding introduced: New functionality allows long-term customers to easily integrate their surveys with their in-house CRM systems and include more complex routing and analysis.
- 2016 – Panel Manager gets a major revamp: Among the many new features are a tabbed interface giving easier access to the full range of tools, easier management of panel member details, and sortable columns on survey and panel lists.
Now the company is gearing up for further technology advances to ease-of-use and asset management over the coming 12 months. The survey dashboard (seen when a user logs in) will be the major improvement for users – giving an interface that is more easily searchable and sortable. Tools available for each survey will be more intuitive and easily accessed.
About Demographix: Demographix is the leading UK developer of online research tools, specialising in the publishing, broadcast, health, public, academic and hospitality sectors. The company develops technology compatible with a wide range of browsers and form factors, including tablets and smartphones. Demographix is the registered trademark of Demographix Limited. Demographix is a company partner of the Market Research Society. Company registered in England and Wales No. 4358487. Registered with the ICO No. Z1244335.